I named this page ‘Experience’, because work and education are kind of intermingled in science, I believe. Therefore, this page is a summary of things I have learned and done so far and some links on what I like to do when I’m not working.
EDUCATION AND WORK
- 15/03/2016 – present: post-doctoral researcher @ Cal State LA & Oculus Research, Seattle. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Riccardo DeSalvo & Dr. Sean Keller.
- 15/01/2012 – 15/01/2016: PhD candidate @ VU University Amsterdam, thesis title: “Human parameters for haptic control and human perception of haptic feedback”. Promotor: Prof. Dr. Astrid M.L. Kappers.
- 15/01/2012 – 15/01/2016: Attended several courses as part of the PhD training program. Most courses were given by the Helmholtz Institute.
- 01/02/2011 – 15/01/2012: Data analyst @ Maritime Research International (MARIN)
- 01-04-2010 – 01/02/2011: Data manager @ Danone Research
- 01/2008 – 03/2010: Master of Science (MSc) in Biology @ Wageningen University and Research Center (WUR)
- First thesis @ Ethology group, WUR (performed @ Ouwehands, NL & Langedrag, NO: “Hierarchy and spatial distribution in a pack of wolves”
- Second thesis @ Experimental Zoology group, WUR: “Stirrup forces during horse riding: a comparison between sitting and rising trot”
- Internship @ Vision Group, SW: “3D swimming behaviour of box jellyfish in response to a visual stimulus”
- 2009-2010: Building a database of scientific literature @ Noldus IT
- 2008-2009: Full-time member of the board @ rowing association W.S.R. Argo
- 09/2003 – 01/2008: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology @ WUR
- 2005-2006: Part-time member of the board @ study-association B.V.W. ‘Biologica’
I like doing sports and cooking, so here follows a list of links to things that I like to do outside of work: